On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Genetics and Autism Proven.... Anecdotally

I read alot that Autism is genetic.  That if you have one child with autism, the probability of autism in your other children increases.  I know in our family, the twins both have Aspergers.  I also know a woman in our local Autism support group where she has three kids, all with Autism.

The other evening I went to a Moms night out for parents of children with special needs.

We did the introductions at the beginning.

It amazed me, while going around the room and hearing of the families represented, that every woman there who had more than one child, had at least two children with special needs.

As with our boys, they don't all fall at the same level of the spectrum.

For some reason, I found that comforting.  That it wasn't just my genes screwing up my boys, that it really IS possible that genetics play a part in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment