On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Would you ever accept a position even if you knew it was not a good fit for you?

On Google + today, someone asked this question.


Would you ever accept a position even if you knew it was not a good fit for you? 


My short answer to him was:   I have learned the hard way. No. If you know it's not a good fit, you'll be miserable and the position will not be successful.


When asked to expound on that statement, I told him..


 You know in your gut. I took a job out of desperation that I knew wouldn't work and it was the most miserable two years of my life.

I then left that job into what I thought was a great situation, but knew early in that it wasn't going to work, and it didn't. 
 



I believe this thorughly.  Taking a job out of desperation is just asking for trouble.  I took a job because I had just been laid off, and didn't want to be out of work.


Then I took this latest job because it sounded perfect.  In my gut, I think I knew it wouldn't work.  It all moved way too fast.


Trust your gut.  Don't accept a job out of desperation.  You only get more heartache down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment