On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Code Red Drills

The other day the boys had a Code Red Drill at school.  Jamie didn't fare very well during the drill.  He's supposed to be warned of fire drills and so forth so he can prepare himself for the disruption.


So we asked what Code Red meant, and he explained it to us.


How sad is it that our kids not only have fire drills, but also code red intruder drills? Our babies have to learn where the blind spots are in their classroom and how to hide if an asshole with a gun shows up.

Our children should not need to know that. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I have a son who had a hearing problem while waiting for correction surgery. When any drill was started it would hurt his ears scare him and he would hide. One day he couldn't be found and I was terrified and felt so bad for my son going through those emotions alone.

    ReplyDelete