On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Veet Wax Strips Review

I've been slow to the whole waxing game.

I belatedly came into waxing my eyebrows, and now just love it and find it a relaxing thing to do.  Yes, it hurts, but it's a good hurt.  And yes, I know that sounds stupid.

I've tried hair removal products before such as Veet and Sally Hansen.  No matter how good they say they are, I"ve always found they just don't work.  It either removes very little hair (even when I leave it on the full amount of time suggested, or even longer), or it so sporadically removes hair, it's useless.

I used NADS when it first came out, remember that?  But it wasn't sticky enough, it ran, it was messy, I gave up after several attempts.

I've started delving into the wax strips.  I've tried the Sally Hansen ones for the face, and it did work, somewhat, but didn't remove all the hair, and then I was left with huge bumps on my face for a week.  I'm going to try going with the assumption, I didn't have a method down, and will try it again.

Through Klout, I received a perk for the new Veet wax strips for body.  I LOVE these!  Unlike previous products I've tried, it actually works!

I cheated a bit and instead of warming up the strips between my hands, I set the hairdryer on them.  It warmed them up quickly.  I experimented on my legs, and it hurt, but worked.  As with all things, it doesn't work perfectly, but I was able to use the strips maybe 2-3 times depending on the area, and with about 6 or 7 strips, did manage to get my legs done.  There was a bit of touch-up with a razor, but for the most part it was Veet.

What I love about it?  My legs are so smooth!  You know the stubble you get from shaving, you get none with waxing.

I don't know how long I'll be able to go before needing to wax my legs again.  I'll update when I know that.

But I give the Veet Wax Strips a A++

I was given a free product or sample because I'm a Klout influencer.  I am under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about the company.  I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment