On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ceremonies and growing up

Tonight was the boys' bridging ceremony.  They bridged from Tigers to Wolves.

The last week has been a week of growing up for my babies.  They "graduated" first grade and will be going into 2nd grade in the fall.  And now they've moved to Wolves.

Every time something like this happens, I get teary-eyed, thinking of how fast the boys are growing up.  It seems like only yesterday, I was putting them into pre-K, putting them into daycare.  

I think the one big reason that I'm so proud of the boys is that Jamie has never felt the need for friends. He's been happy to play by himself.  When school started this year, he got the Boy Scouts bug.  He wanted to be a scout so bad, that's all he talked about.

I had to move heaven and earth to get him into a pack, because the first pack disintegrated, and then problems finding one that would take him.  It broke my heart the night he cried saying that boy scouts didn't want him.  I resolved to get him in.

Jamie usually gets bored, but he made it through a whole year, and he's excited about becoming a wolf next year.  My anti-social baby did great this year.  I think I'm so proud of him for making it through the year, finishing it, wanting to continue it.

Congratulations my 2nd grade wolves, mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment