On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

You never know the thoughts of others....

There is a story I'm following closely locally.  I went to school with the defendant.  I would have never imagined him capable of this.  He rode my school bus, we have mutual friends.

And in the initial reports, they never said he emptied two clips into the victim.  And his being calm, calling 911.  He knew what he was doing, but was he really sane?

I get so tired of people copping an insanity plea to get out of the death penalty when they murder someone.  But I truly believe in my heart of hearts that the military does something to people who aren't mentally strong to begin with.  He was a Marine, he served in Bosnia.  I have to believe that it broke him mentally.  He wasn't the most sane cookie in the jar to begin with.  I guess that's why I can't believe he'd do that.  I didn't think he'd have it in him.

I feel so sorry for his victim's family.  And for his own.  His children having to go through this trial and hear things about their dad they shouldn't have to.  And I know his father is absolutely shattered by all of this. He's still trying to figure out how his son did this, trying to pay for legal costs for his son.

It's just so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment