On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Friday, August 31, 2012

A Letter to my boys

Dear Gruesome Twosome, As you go back to school to begin second grade, I send you off with relief and a feeling of melancholy. You'll soon forget about this summer. After years of working long hours, being incredibly stressed out, trying to deal with your diagnosises and how to support you, and being disconnected, I wanted to make this past summer one you would remember. A summer where mommy was home, we went and did fun things, and reconnected. I hope that in a few years, you'll remember fondly the summer you spent with mom, going swimming, visiting George Washington's house, Harry Potter camp, Animal camp, picnics, silly string fights, water balloon fights, How to Train your Dragon shows, etc. I hope that you remember that I love you, and that this summer was as much for me as it was for you, in that I hope we were able to get close again and that you know you were/are loved by me. I am happy and excited for the year to come for you boys. I hope you do well in school, have fun, make new friends, do new things. But always remember I love you and wanted to spend a summer with just the three of us having fun. Now, go do your homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment