On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post Ear Mangling... Day 1

Today Iain is doing much better.

We were told to be careful if Iain didn't wake up the usual time, because he may have had a head injury.  So I was happy when he woke me up at 6:20.  He was all worried because the gauze around his head came loose.  I wound it back up, turned on the TV and kissed him and told him I loved him.

He wasn't crying, didn't appear in pain.

And today, he ran around the house, giggled, chased his brother (which I was not happy about), but was back to normal, even if he looked like Jacob Marley from The Christmas Carol.

We went out and got Dairy Queen this afternoon, he sang in the car, happy boy.

Then the little stinker pulled out the "sick card" at dinner.  I was making meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and Iain declared that he couldn't eat "slow food," he needed  fast food for 5 days, the doctor said so.

Nice try son! :)

We changed his bandage, and it looked sooo much better than it looked without stitches.  His ear looks whole again, there's no gaping V.  And the poor thing has a nasty purple bruise on his head.  But he flinched more from fear of what I was going to do to him, than what I actually did to him.  He did great.

Now to just keep his ear clean and medicated until the stitches come out Monday, and see what they think the prognosis is on the cartilage.

No comments:

Post a Comment