On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: Killer History: Why do they leave all the fun stuff out of the history books (Volume 1)

Title: Killer History: Why do they leave all the fun stuff out of the history books (Volume 1)
Author: Marek McKenna
Publication Date: May 4, 2012


Book Description:
Killer History provides a funny and irreverent look at the past. We explore the more human side of the historical events and history makers. Killer history examines how excessive presidential drinking nearly caused Work War III, a mass murder’s trial that was too obscene for Jesus, the scandals of the Grant Administration, the baby daddy scandal that did not sink a US presidential election.

Review
5 out of 5 stars
I must agree with a previous reviewer that he really needed someone to proof-read this book. There are spelling errors that spell-check wouldn't have found, every story seems to be in a different font, none of the photos show up.

But, if you can look past that, it is a great book. I love history. I love learning about things I hadn't heard about before, and this book is perfect. I loved the little snippets of info on people I hadn't heard about before.

I even came on Amazon looking for more works by this author, because I would love to hear more stories.

Granted I didn't pay the $10 for the kindle copy, or I probably would have been quite aggravated by the typos, grammatical errors, and problems stated at the beginning. But the enjoyment I'm getting aside from that makes it a good read. It doesn't tie you in for hours, you can read a few quick stories at a time, even though I do get sucked in and wind up reading 6 before I realized it. :)


Disclosure: I received this book from Amazon.com. I did not receive any compensation for my review, and this review is unsolicited.

No comments:

Post a Comment