On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Book Review Floor Four by A Lopez Jr

Title:  Floor Four
Author:  A. Lopez Jr.
Publication Date:  May 15, 2013



Book Description
The old, abandoned Saint Vincent Hospital is said to be haunted by the ghost of David Henry Coleman, the notorious serial killer, known as The Mangler. Coleman died on the fourth floor after being shot by police. For the three Jr. High boys, their curiosity gets the best of them as they explore the old hospital, despite 'Old Man' Jake's warning. No one knew of Jake's dark connection to the killer and the hospital. And now, on the anniversary of The Mangler's death, a group of high school kids are planning a private party on the haunted fourth floor. Jake must keep everyone out and protect them from the true evil that lurks on Floor Four.

Book Review:  4 out of 5 stars

I put off reading this for awhile, I don't like the idea of Novellas because I love long stories.  However, with horror stories, longer stories seem to drag the life out of a story.

This was a very good story, at the beginning. I LOVE the whole ghost element, with the urban legend, the ghost, the paranormal.  I loved how the author chose to set up the premise of the story. 

I loved the first half of the novella... the second half, not so much.  It was still very well written, and kept moving at a brisk pace, so I wanted to continue reading.  However, with the way the story is set up, there are only two ways the story could go... and then the way Mr. Lopez chose to go.  

It did get to a point that I thought one of the characters would just end things already.  

I would highly recommend this novella.  Very well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment