On my To Be Reviewed Stack!

On My To Be Reviewed Pile!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Autism awareness month

I'm not about to get into the whole religion thing.... but I do find a measure of comfort that the plight of people on the ASD and their families are being recognized by the church...

Even if I disagree with a few choice words in this statement, such as suffering . 

I recognize I am lucky, my children are very high-functioning, but I don't see them as suffering. Maybe in lack of understanding and compassion, but not suffering.

And I know there are those families who have a much stronger load to bear than my husband and I, and I can't speak for them and their thoughts...


http://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2012/04/01/vatican-calls-sensitivity-world-autism-awareness-day

No comments:

Post a Comment